I believe that using technology in the classroom has become something that is not optional. It is a must have in the classroom because it teaches children to become a part of today’s society. When children are able to use technology in the classroom, it also makes lessons more fun which then makes it easier for children to learn. I believe that technology also benefits teachers because many programs found on a computer make it easy to stay organized and track the progress of all students, for example: Excel. Teachers can spend less time reinventing the wheel and put more energy into focusing on student progress.
The challenges that come with incorporating technology into the classroom are definitely not nonexistent. Many teachers still stand firm in the old ways of teaching and believe that using technology is more of a distraction that it is a benefit. Sadly, many school districts do not always have the money that they need to afford computers, cameras, GPS systems, smart boards, etc. Another challenge becomes knowing how to use the technology that you are given. In order to teach a lesson using a piece of technology first the educator needs to be somewhat skilled in using it. Some people teachers and students alike have a more difficult time using technology than others do.
From this class, I have definitely learned that there are a lot more pieces of technology out there than I thought. I will definitely use the smart board applications that we have been taught (provided my school district has them). I really enjoyed learning about excel because I know that with my organizational habits it will definitely be a very useful tool for keeping me in line. There are so many websites that I have now discovered from class and my completion of the social bookmarking project! It has shown me how to use technology in a different light. And of course, teaching my students how to blog will definitely come in handy!
Final Blog
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment