I think that social bookmarking is definitely an innovative way to enhance classroom learning. If a student is looking for information on a particular topic, they can go to a bookmarking site and discover what others have found. Social bookmarking is a good way for students to learn from one another.
As an educator, I would definitely use the application to invest in new and exciting lesson plans. Sometimes as an educator it is alot easier to borrow from others rather than inventing the wheel. Social bookmarking becomes a handy tool because after finding several websites that you would like to mark, they can also be organized into categories. As opposed to simply, saving websites into your favorites catalog, where they easily become disorganized, social bookmarking keeps everything in order.
Even as a college student social bookmarking is beneficial. Whenever I am doing research for a paper, it is valuable to be able to save the website quickly and efficiently so that I can return to it as soon as I need it again. I can always find what I am looking for right away because all that is needed is a key word. Also, in my busy college schedule, I do not always have the time to return to my home computer, where I have saved favorite websites. Since social bookmarking is your own personal account, you can log in at any time and at any computer to utilize the websites that you have saved.
While there are dangers about finding inaccurate information through social bookmarking, if students are first, taught how to evaluate websites for clarity and accuracy that worry should quickly subside. Social bookmarking is a powerful tool in communicating and sharing information that can be effectively used by all.
Final Blog
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment