Sunday, September 27, 2009

Using Inspiration in the Classroom

I think that the program "Inspiration" has alot of potential to become a strong academic tool for elementary age children. I would definitely invest in the program for my students because it can teach strong organizational skills.
From a teacher's point of view, I could use "Inspiration" to create a web that breaks down lesson plans into the individual academic needs of each student. I could also create a phone chain so that parents are able to stay in touch and linked with one another. This might even jump start a social network.
Across the cirriculum, students can use "Inspiration" to learn in virtually any subject area. Within the subject of literature, children can use the program to understand the concept of sequencing ideas and themes. Through mathematics, "Inspiration" can help to show children the steps to solving a problem. In the subject of social studies, students can be taught about community and society, for example, they might learn about the different branches of government. Using the program to teach science can show children the classification of different species.
"Inspiration" is a wonderful program to implement into the classroom because it allows students to create and develop their ideas while putting them into a sensible order to study and learn from at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment